1. Mattress.Finding the right mattress is a pivotal part of getting a good night of sleep. There are so many options that it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. If your bed isn’t comfortable, head out to the store and try out few mattresses. Avoid being stingy if at all possible. Think about how much time you spend sleeping and how long you’ll keep your mattress. Spend what it takes to be comfortable. A good mattress is one of the best investments you can make.
2. Light. For most of us, the darker the better. Minimise the amount of light in your room. Controlling light is especially important if your schedule requires you to sleep during the day. Ensure that your bedside clock doesn’t put out too much light.
3. Noise. As little noise as possible is the best option for most. However, some people prefer to fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean, rain, or white noise. Figure out what works for you. If you’re forced to sleep in a noisy area, ear plugs can help. A fan can also be useful to drown out unwanted noise.
4. Drink. If you frequently find yourself needing a drink in the middle of the night, keep one available so you don’t have to get out of bed and further disturb your sleep. You might also want to limit eating near your bedtime, as this is a common cause of thirst during the night.
5. Temperature.Each of us has a perfect sleeping temperature. Studies show that a cool room works best for the average person, but you might not be average. Experiment and discover what works the best for you. An extra blanket or a small adjustment to the thermostat might make a big difference.
6. Electronics. Clocks, phones, tablets, and TVs can all contribute to a poor night of sleep. Keep the electronic devices to a minimum. Ideally, put away all the electronic devices for at least an hour before bedtime. You’ll find it easier to fall and stay asleep.
7. Sleep aid.There are many natural ingredients based sleep aids that can help you fall asleep faster, it has been scientifically proven that some essential oils such as lavender, chamomile and Melissa help unwind and fall asleep. You can even find sleep lotions with 10 active essential oils to help you fall asleep faster and get more quality sleep during the night.